Active Rain Community,
I just wrapped up a four-day project that I am lovingly going to refer to as "4 days in the life of Placester".
For those that don't know Placester is a Real Estate website provider. Here are the quick facts:
- The men in the picture above are the founders. Frederick Townes and Matt Barba. They met in 2008 and started a lesser known company called Rent app. In 2011 they changed the name of the company to Placester.
- Placester now has 400,000 customers including RE-MAX and Keller Williams. You might be using one of their websites and not even know it.
- They have FIVE advertised pricing tiers that range from $5 per month to $400 per month
- Placester headquarters is in Boston.
- Placester is worth 153 million and has 15 investors.
- The last time they announced revenue they were billing 10 million per month.
- Matt Barba has been quoted as saying he thinks Placester has a market cap of 5 billion per year.
- Frederick Townes was the COO of Mashable before becoming co-founder and COO of Placester.
My detailed Placester review on inboundREM took 40 hours to produce. A client and friend gave me access to her Placester website, so I could do a front end and back end analysis. I gathered 27 reviews including ones from here on Active Rain. Only 18 made it into my final post. Over 9000 people are searching for the word Placester every month. 750 for Placester reviews. There are only TWO credible search results out of TEN for the search term "Placester Reviews."
REVIEW AND PRICING SUMMARY:
Placesters pricing is average for real estate technology companies ranging from $5 per month to $400 per month. I was NOT able to identify a cost per lead for agents enrolled in their marketing program. If anyone reading this USES Placster and PAYS for the marketing option and wants to leave a comment or provide me access to their website I would appreciate it.
This option should be considered for new agents only. I gave plenty of additional details on my website but that IS the summary of my opinion.
I changed the formatting of my review post considerably. If any rainers are feeling really generous, I would love if you could drop by InboundREMS blog and leave a comment about the FORMAT of the post. Here or on my blog itself. I will be in your debt if you do. I'm a good guy to have owe you a favor.
I also produced what I think(?) is the very first Video case study of Placester. I saw some Keller Williams training videos, but they were hand camera's pointing at a presenter. This is NOT a training or how to but a REVIEW video. If you have a Placester website you might want to skip it unless you are curious to hear what I think about YOUR website platform. Then by all means watch. If you know anyone considering Placester, you should refer them to the vid or the blog post.