Read any good real estate blogs lately? If so, you might have noticed that the blogosphere is changing! Gone are the days of keyword-stuffed prattle where the mindless repeat of “sell your home” was the goal. And while tags, meta descriptions and keywords remain important for search engine optimization, Google algorithms are ever-changing. Here are current blogging tips to help you attract today’s readers while keeping your SEO strong!
1. Google prioritizes the mobile user experience when ranking content. If your blog site isn’t already optimized for mobile, you’re losing SEO position fast.
2. Tagged photos and videos boost your blog’s SEO. Be sure to include at least one tagged photo in every blog post; include more than one if you can! Use royalty-free images. HubSpot has a list of royalty-free photo sites here, and there are many others.
3. Readability counts! Google algorithms look at content with a “human eye.” Blog pages that are too busy slip in the rankings. So do wordy blogs that use cumbersome phrasing. When your reader is looking at a 4-inch screen, it’s all about content that is quick and easy to read.
4. Use ample white space in your blog posts. Break things up with bullet points, or organize your thoughts in numerical order.
5. Don’t skimp on providing value! Content that sounds too much like a marketing pitch is ranked right up there with spam. Authenticity counts.
6. Blog often. Newer content is considered most relevant by Google algorithms. If you have some terrific, older blog posts in your arsenal, freshen them up with a re-write, and post them again with a new headline. Caution: do not simply copy and paste with minimal changes; Google penalizes duplicate content.
7. Include relevant links within your blog post to give the reader additional information and resources. Include links to pages within your own website when it makes sense to do so.
Good blogging provides useful information to the reader in an easy-to-read, conversational tone. Yes, you can still promote yourself and your services, and include a call-to-action, but the purpose of the blog must be for the reader’s benefit.
Need help getting started, or looking for professional bloggers and copywriters? RealSupport has an experienced team ready to help you! Contact us today for your personal consultation!
Copywriting & Marketing Specialist