Dorie Dillard is the “most frequently hired agent in the Canyon Creek Subdivision.”
Check out Canyon Creek area single family homes sold in the First Quarter of 2017 compared to 2016. The numbers are in and homes sold did so with positive appreciation. 2017 First Quarter shows a decrease in number of homes sales but an increase in sales price. Austin continues in its expansion mode by luring more residents in need of housing due to Austin’s emphasis on job creation. Read the latest article in the Austin Business Journal about people moving to Austin. US News touts Austin #1 for the best place to live!
The number of home sales in the First Quarter decreased by 29% compared to First Quarter of 2016. The average sold price increased 8%, and price/square foot decreased by 6%. How can that be? Homes sold in 2017 were 12% larger and the price/square usually trends down as square footage increases. Inventory is low with many sellers waiting to go to market later in the spring. Homes new to market, well staged and well priced received offers as buyers were afraid of possible interest rate increases and escalating prices.
As of March 31, 1 2017 there are 7 active homes on the market in Canyon Creek with average days on market of 34 days. There are 8 pending homes on the market with average days on market of 37 days.
First Quarter 2017 data about homes sales in Canyon Creek:
- Closed 29% fewer homes
There are currently 8 Pending Homes for Sale
- Inventory is low, one month of inventory
Average Sold price is up 8%
Average Sold price per square foot is down 6%
- Days on market down 43%
- Average list to sell ratio - 99% - is the same (taken from last list price)
- Now is the time to buy or sell
All sold information is derived from the Austin MLS system. If any Canyon Creek area homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved; then it won't be reflected in this report.
This 2017 First Quarter Canyon Creek Market Report is provided for general information only and does NOT replace a comprehensive market analysis. This report is informational, to obtain specific advice and counsel on your home contact me to review your personal residence at 512-346-1799.
1. If you’re a buyer, apply with a lender for pre-approval and be ready to make an offer on a home that comes on market. Call, I can be of help!
2. If you’re a seller and want to gain advantage in selling your Canyon Creek home, contact me at 512-346-1799 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can have an insightful conversation about the marketability of your home plus a counseling session covering cost saving ideas for staging your home for market. I offer hands on Professional guidance for all your real estate needs.
A local expert with international connections…..