Need more listings, but lack the time for cold-calling and knocking on doors? Now is the time to spruce up your real estate email marketing! Email marketing campaigns are a budget-friendly way to reach a large number of prospects. But to be truly effective, there are 5 basic rules that your campaign should follow!
1. Your lead database must be organized and up-to-date. If it isn’t, go no further until your database is scrubbed. Remove invalid email addresses that will skew your analytics. Sort your email addresses by client type.
If your lead capture system isn’t collecting essential details, such as whether your online visitors are interested in buying or selling, upgrade this ASAP. At the minimum, you should have a lead database of prior clients to work from. This is your source of referrals and repeat businesses, and your data integrity for this group should be kept current.
2. Your subject line must be compelling and to-the-point. Be personable and sincere, and think out-of-the-box. Try subject lines like these ideas below.
- Let’s talk over coffee.
(Topic: personal real estate consultation, no pressure info)
- I’ve got news you’ll want to hear!
(Topic: home value trends and/or recent sales in neighborhood markets)
- Important tip about home buying this season!
(Or home selling. Topic: Understanding interest rate trends, appraisals, ect.)
3. Your email message must be concise and easy-to-read. Remember that personal emails are mostly read on mobile devices! Provide information of value, make an insightful point, but do not ramble on.
4. Include a single call-to-action with straightforward direction. “I’d like to tell you more about improving your home value. Call me today and we’ll set up a time to meet!”
5. At the core, an email campaign is simply an invitation for your prior clients and prospects to communicate with you. Make it friendly and inviting!
Contact RealSupport today for help with creating and expediting your customized email campaign!
Copywriting & Marketing Specialist