Post Successful Videos
When we last were together, I had written part I about video success.
To Recap I think the BENEFITS mean the most:
Straight from the National Association of REALTORS:
"Did you know that 73% of homeowners say they’re more likely to list with a realtor who offers to create a video for them, but only 4% of agents put their listings on YouTube?"
The first thing you need to do is create a video strategy.
Write down absolutely everthing you can think of to make a video about. (and I don't just mean listings unless it's a super cool one!)
As we said before, Google owns YouTube so feeding the big search engine with its own content makes sense:
- Build Massive Traffic can be Connected
- All the social features can be Connected
- Build Subscriberswith Expert Content
- Viral. It doesn't happen to everyone but video can go viral. Talk about exposure!
- Free.YouTube is absolutely free to host your videos. Others can share them for free and the SEO is huge.
- Embed these videos on all your social marketing platforms.
- Let’s say you have a home for sale that is perfect for people who love horses
- Shoot a video about the home under the title “Neighborhood Name” Horse Property and include text like “Find the best horse properties for sale in “Neighborhood Name” “Zip Code”
- Upload the video to YouTube
- Optimize the video by making sure you using a keyword rich file name and title and add the category, tag and description
- Enhance the video with an overlay CTA offering to send visitors a list of horse properties by clicking through to your website
- Embed the video in a post or landing page on your blog rewriting the title and description. Use the same category and tags.
- Make sure your post has additional capture tools like a link to view all horse properties on your IDX or some reports about Horse properties: Buying, maintaince, local restrictions, etc.
Entertainment and relevance are critcal to the video.
Sharing Video for SEO
If you are sharing content from YouTube, the content does NOT have to be yours. So unlike blogging, you can share content on YouTube easily. Share on any of your social platforms, automated aggregators, any number of video websites.
You can embed your video most anywhere as well. Embedded video is easy to do and and allows you to be able to make comments about the video separately.
Who is your Target Market? How are you going to reach them?
It's easier if you know who your Target Market is and then follow a keyword strategy that would be of value to them.
Consider: Gender, Age, Marital Status, Family Size, Income, Profession, Eudcation and hobbies. You may not get this all immediately but you will begin to see trends as you post.
Search for keywords. It's not just about the writing...it's about how you position keywords for the best SEO in your video.
Your video content must address the type of real estate you sell. No sense making a golf course home video if you sell to First Time Buyers. Some of the types of buyers include:
Single Family, Land, Condos, New Construction, Luxury, First-time Buyers, Vacation Homes, Foreclosure/Short Sale/REO, Commercial and Investors.
It's obvious that these buyers are not all going to need/want the same type of information. That's why choosing a target will save you time and money in marketing.
Once you know who your target is, you can begin identifying neighborhoods that might be a good fit for them. Drive or walk through these neighborhoods with your camera and make videos that you can share. Local videos and geographic marketing drive SEO. That's what you are looking for. Some of the things you might take vide of are the Entrance to the Neighborhood, street shots, parks and playgrounds, bus stops, a scan of the types of homes in the neighborhood and then while shooting talk about what the viewers are seeing.
Interview Local Business Owners
Not only do you showcase the local shops and restaurants, but they get to see themselves in your personal YouTube Video. It works for them because they can tell everyone where to go to get more info. Choose 3 questions to ask and ta da! Done!
More tomorrow.....very long topic AND my graphics are not inserting today. Must be Monday!
Lots to cover so get your pen and paper ready!