I Made it! One Point after the other has finally added up to 500,000 points.
Wait did I make it...or did we? I would have to say "we"!
A few years ago, 500k was a huge accomplishment in ActiveRain. Nowadays... 500,000 is not unique...in fact I am the 588th or 589th person to earn that many points on ActiveRain.
Still...I am proud to be in the top 590 on AR and I know my blogs have been visited by almost every single page 1 points leader person or team as well as hundreds of other folks. That makes me feel good... Really good.
I was thinking I would hit 500k soon and that it was going to happen about Wednesday or Thursday...but a couple of AR folks decided to boost me up today with the last couple thousand points coming via comments, and I have spent the morning responding to their comments on about 5 or 6 of my recent blogs.
That is harder than a person realizes...yet fun and eventful.
Plus I had a great congratulatory phone call from Margaret Rome in Baltimore today. She's so much fun to talk with. I know many of you have received those calls.
So what have I learned from ActiveRain over the first 500,000 points?
I can sum it up in two words: KEEP CLIMBING!
Of course...if you know me...two words is not enough...so here goes:
1. Change is inevitable. Learn to adapt to the changes or move on. I chose to stay and adapt. I am glad I did and like where ActiveRain is right now.
There are some great folks I am passing up on points that need to rekindle the love for AR. Do they know that we miss them and that AR is awesome again?
2. Knowledge is falling off the shelf on ActiveRain. There is so much knowledge oozing from the pores of the website. Only a fool would not take time to read many most all of the excellent blogs. Yes...that is near impossible I know...but the Knowledge and value for all of us is right here. Plus I was able to use pores and oozing in the same sentence on a real estate site! Twice!
I learn more from AR blogs and the comments than I do from any continuing ed class I am required to take. You can quote me on that!
3. Someone else has already said everything I have written about before. Which leaves me a million more topics to write about.
Only one guy (or gal) ever invented the wheel...the rest of us just refine it or change it. I have seen one line of thought shared hundreds of times on AR and each time I try to learn one new word...one small teeny tiny tidbit of information that will help me be better.
4. ActiveRain is not just about Real Estate. It is a community of people who care about others...who want others to be successful...who share with each other the ups and downs of both work and private life.
I cry at funerals and cheer the success of friends and their families. I cry when I learn that one of our own on AR is gone as well. I still miss the dry humor of Karen Anne Stone and her care about my daughters volleyball team. I only knew her online through Ar and FB and never met Karen in person...but loved her anyway. There are others as well.
5. Featured Posts are hard work. But well worth it. I have only had 15 in all my years here...but three of those are in the last week. I try to answer each person with a valuable or tangible comment. It takes time and effort but also solidifies great contacts along the way.
6. I have a helluva ActiveRain Relocation database. If you have responded to my blogs with a great comment...I have been to your page. I also have saved your comments in my Outlook file. Years ago I had limited knowledge of how an agent/broker really worked. With AR I can easily find that out. The only agents or brokers I will ever need for relo's or referrals are here on ActiveRain.
7. Positive People to Seem to Stick Around...Negatives ones Fade Away. I have met some fantastic and positive people on ActiveRain. We have done deals together or I have sent them business. I have met negative ones here as well. WE have not...nor will we probably ever do a deal together. I believe my cup is always half full and I do not have time to deal with those who "suck the positivity right out of the room!"
8. Finally I have learned that ActiveRain has real value in my life! If I never make a dime from this day forward...just the knowledge and friendships are priceless. Which in and of itself makes this previous sentence a conundrum doesn't it?
Thank you to all who are...or have been...involved in anyway in my success as a result of ActiveRain. I sincerely mean it when I say there are many things I could not have accomplished without those that I have met here.
Watch for my 1,000,000 point blog coming soon (or at least sooner than the 500,000k one!!
Until Next Time....
Top Photo: Jaime McCann Arkansas Spring Break 2017 UNK Adventure Program
2nd Photo: Jacob McCann Shelf Road, Colorado April 2017
3rd Photo: Jaime McCann Shelf Road, Colorado April 2017