Winchester-Frederick County, VA Home Sales for the First Third of 2017

By
Managing Real Estate Broker with Cornerstone Business Group Inc 0225086119
http://actvra.in/54lP

Winchester-Frederick County, VA Home Sales for the First Third of 2017

The Winchester-Frederick County, VA home sales for the first third of 2017 have been Winchester-Frederick County, VA Home Sales for the First Third of 2017on a consistent growth trajectory. Sales have climbed 4% year to year, and there was a 2% drop in distressed property sales.  Currently, distressed property sales make up 9% of total sales,  and that has become an average based on total yearly sales for the past two years. The first third of 2016 included 11% distressed sales. It's encouraging to see distressed property sales finding a floor after the high numbers during the recession.

Average Prices of Winchester-Frederick County, VA Home Sales

The average home price has also increased in the first third of 2017. Home prices have risen 4% over those of 2016. That brings the average home price to $256,607. The increase equates to $10,343 in 2017.  That is good news for sellers in both Winchester and Frederick County.

Home prices increase when inventory is low, and the current market has a "thinventory." There are now 546 homes available on the Winchester-Frederick County, VA real estate market. The market operates best when the available homes average in the 500-600 range with the 500-550 range being the most aggressive and active.

In the summer of 2014, the market saw a large increase of available homes, and the market slowed considerably. The market today, is fast-moving and active with a high number of buyers and a low number of homes. It is becoming a seller's market. That combination pushes the market up with multiple offers on many homes.

Where's the highest level of activity

The Winchester-Frederick County, VA real estate market is made up of Winchester City and multiple communities which make up Frederick County. Frederick County surrounds Winchester City. On the southern side of Winchester is a small, but rapidly growing, community called Stephens City.

Stephens City is a perfect place for those who want quick access to just about anything and everything, but they don't want the busyness of a bigger city. Multiple major highways pass through Stephens City, and some of those highways lead into the Washington, D. C. area. That has helped Stephens City, VA become a bustling bedroom community for the metro area, as well as, for Winchester-Frederick County.

Stephens City, VA made up 23% of the first third of 2017 real estate sales. That is down 2% from 2016, but that is negligible. A high volume of new homes are being built in the Stephens City area and more are projected throughout 2017. Of the 546 available homes in the Winchester-Frederick County, VA real estate market, 15% of those are available in the Stephens City area.

The Winchester-Frederick County, VA home sales are on track for another banner year.

For those watching the real estate market in Winchester-Frederick County, VA, you can breathe a sigh of relief. It looks like we're back on track for another banner year. The dark days of the 2008 and beyond the recession genuinely seem to be behind us, and the future looks bright.

When you're ready to buy or sell in the Winchester-Frederick County real estate market, be sure to give Cornerstone Business Group, Inc., a call. We are your local real estate sales pros.

This post was originally posted to www.winchestervarealestate.com; Winchester-Frederick County, VA Home Sales for the First Third of 2017. #mikecoopersellshomes, #cornerstonehomesales, #yourlocalrealestatesalespros, #winchestervarealestate.

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Real Estate Market Trends
Location:
Virginia Frederick County Winchester
Groups:
Dedicated Bloggers
Market Reports
Addicted to Active Rain
Advice for Sellers
Old Farts Club

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Rainmaker
1,829,993
Myrl Jeffcoat
GreatWest Realty - Sacramento, CA
Greater Sacramento Real Estate Agent

That's valuable data for buyers and sellers in the Winchester-Frederick County, VA real estate market, Mike!

May 03, 2017 03:38 PM #1
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainmaker
1,210,426

Mike Cooper

Your Winchester, VA Real Estate Sales Pro
Winchester has a place for you! Call me.
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention

Additional Information