Today, I am going over my long list of what needs to come together for the 24th Annual Carmel Art Festival starting Friday, May 19 and running through May 21. As one of 3 organizers, we are double checking each other right now to make sure everything is ordered, done, etc. Such as:
1. Tent, fence, tables, chairs, stages, etc. ordered? Check.
2. Porta toilets ordered? Check.
3. Trash containers ordered? Check.
4. Liquor license for Friday night for the reception? Check.
5. Food ordered and servers coming for reception? Check.
6. Wine ordered and pourers coming for reception? Check.
7. Music ordered? Check.
8. Raffle items coming in? Still need more.
9. Engraved glasses ordered for VIP guests? Check
10. Mayor invited for "Mayors Choice Award"? Check.
11. Advertising, public relations, invitations, website, etc. on track? Check.
12. Absentee bidding for Saturday ready? Check
13. Lots and lots of volunteers coming? Jeez, I hope they show up. We need lots of help.
14. Live entertainment coming in Devendorf Park for 3 days? Check.
15. Sculpture in the park participants/galleries from around town bringing their exhibits to the park on Friday morning? I hope so. Need to check back with them.
16. Banners up on Ocean Avenue starting today? Will have to go check. Supposed to be up this morning.
Note: I'll walk over there now and see, then I'll put a photo up here!!! Promise.
17. City of Carmel-by-the-Sea all set? Will check when the "no parking" signs go up to warn people that we are closing off a big chunk of the city this coming weekend.
18. Sprinklers turned off in the park at night? Hope so. Keeping fingers crossed.
19. Security guards ordered? Check.
20. Programs printed for distribution everywhere? Check.
21. Am I ready? Yes, I actually think so!!!
As you know, this is my one big "volunteer" event for the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea. It brings in hundreds of art collectors and heavens knows how many others who come for the "festival" atmosphere of music, art, and ambiance of our beautiful city. The hotels will be full as will the restaurants, coffee bars and wine tasting rooms. Retailers, also, will be happy.
This is such a great event, and this year looks like it will be better than ever. The weather is supposed to be sunny and in the '70s and that means everyone from inland wants to come near the beach.
So if you are in the neighborhood, come join us.
For more information on the Carmel Art Festival, please see www.carmelartfestivalcalifornia.com