Strengths and Weaknesses
REALTORS® Are Like Icebergs...
"At any one time you are only seeing about 1/5 of what they are ACTUALLY doing!"
As a real estate agent or broker, I know that most of us can relate to this saying. For our clients sake, we do our best to keep them off the ledge. We take the concerns and stress of the transaction off their back.
This can be one of the bigger if not the biggest investment anyone can make.
Our client, whether a buyer or seller, has a lot riding on this transaction, so the smoother and more transparent we can make it ....the better it is for them.
This is both a strength and a weakness of mine!
- Another strength and weakness is being candid with a client. By doing the right thing for the client may sour a deal and keep us looking for that perfect home. I actually will point out the strengths and weakness of a home for a client. I can't operate differently.
Enjoy Social Engagement
- I have the ability to be able to work with a wide range of socioeconomic levels and make people feel comfortable with me. I am at home and comfortable with people and conversation comes easy for me.
Sizing Up People
- Sizing people up is another strength I possess. I know what to say and how to say it without offending people. This is probably due to my HR and staffing background in the corporate world. I listen intently to what they are saying and if there are mixed signals, I will hone in and draw out what they are thinking.
Help Buyers Find Clarity
As we know, buyers don't always realize what is most important to them until they start looking. I help Sedona buyers find clarity between their home buying goals and expectations and let's face it, reality. Buyers appreciate my ability to navigate roadblocks.
Though my desk looks like a whirlwind hit it, a buyer would never suspect that I might struggle with this! When showing properties, I create a customized portfolio with a strategic pattern that helps buyers remember what they have seen. It also helps to provide a flow to help capture an efficient use of time and energy for the client ...and me also!
Marketing & Teamwork
As for Sedona sellers, a simple walk through their home and some conversation and I can pull out what is most important to them and showcase their home with marketing that appeals to them and of course, will sell that home. I understand teamwork and how to make it work for us to sell their home to the right buyer.
Those Who Walk The Fine Line...
- Agents and others in our industry with borderline ethical behavior is something that I have an issue with. It bothers me when I have to work with people who walk the fine line. It is not something I can shrug off easily.
- Prioritizing my workload can be a problem. When a client calls, I feel a need to answer the phone as quickly as possible. Many times I am in the middle of something else but I do not have enough discipline to stay on task. This is an issue that I am continuing to work through.
- The emotional roller-coaster of working setbacks is another area that I have to do a better job of shrugging off. Sometimes this plays on me and can affect my "work-life balance".
Learn More About Me At
I want to thank Carol Williams for creating this AR Challenge "Strengths Vs Weakness" .
It gives us an opportunity to look within ourselves and capitalize of our good qualities and create a strategy to eliminate or reduce our weaknesses.