The peak season for the real estate market is here! Pressure builds as the phone calls, emails, client appointments, home showings and closings keep you in a whirlwind of activity. Even the most upbeat agent can feel overwhelmed by multiple demands.
If you skip meals and shorten your sleep to keep up with the pace, your ability to focus can be affected, reducing productivity and escalating stress. Here are 7 ways to manage stress and regain personal balance, according to the American Psychological Association and other sources!
1. Have consistent work hours. Communicate these to your clients and stick to them. Use auto-responders in email to set realistic expectations. Your voice mail messages should set expectations for return call timeframes.
2. Have a consistent sleep schedule. Missing an hour of sleep here and there won't melt your brain, but ongoing sleep deprivation can have serious consequences in health and cognition.
3. Pay attention to nutrition! Include proteins with breakfast. Proteins help "wake up" your brain and keep you going longer than cereals and breads.
4. Exercise! Just 20 minutes of exercise per day can give you stress-reducing benefits.
5. Take a break from your top stress sources. If a difficult client is making you nuts, update your auto-responders for a little while, and get off the grid. Even a short break can restore your resilience and recharge your energy.
6. Smile and laugh! Your attitude affects your stress - and stress affects your attitude. Boost your mood with humorous video clips and articles.
7. Meditate. A few minutes of medication each day can improve your concentration and deliver positive effects to your central nervous system. You can find beginner's tips for medication at Gaiam.com.
We hope these tips are helpful to you! And when you need help with marketing, social media, website development or other tasks, turn to RealSupport for custom-tailored solutions!
Copywriting & Marketing Specialist