A Little Touch Up Can Make a Big Difference! Photos!
Dick Greenberg's May Before & After Photo Challenge was extended until June 11th, so if you haven't written a post with your before and after marketing photo, you're missing out on 1500 points!
This photo was taken this week in the bathroom of a new listing. I had hidden behind the door to take the photo, but still had to stick my hands out around the door and shoot the photo... and the lighting in the room was inadequate so I had the camera set on flash... in addition to me being in the photo, there was a "star" where the flash had been captured. In addition, I had held my camera, not entirely at the angle that I wanted..
1. First I straightened the photo.. using the joint line between the ceiling and wall as my guideline. When I straightened it, the light fixture lost it's definiton, just leaving the glare from the light.
2. Then I used the Cloning stamp to remove me and my "star" from the photo and remove the glare from the light fixture.
3. Next it was time to lighten it up a little more, even using the flash I was not happy with the lighting.
4. Next, I increased the contrast to bring out the features and at the same time, not increase that too much or the colors get glarish.
5. Finally, giving it one last look-over, I needed to blend the the areas that had the flash cloned out with the surrounding area, and blend the area where I had removed the glare, so I used the Smudge tool, to bring those more into harmony.
Now, it's just time to upload it to my website... but only after I finish going through the 184 photos that I took of this 3 bed 2 bath older home in Idabel OK that is new on the market and a bargain at $79,000!