I have been a resident of Stoneybrook Golf Club in Estero, Florida since 2003 and despite all the new developments that have sprung up since then, there is one big reason why Stoneybrook has remained the most affordable.
Whether you're a real estate agent, mortgage broker or website marketing expert like me the growing village of Estero is home to a mix of emerging affluent and affluent professionals as well as full time and part time retirees.
It's not just about the average home prices which currently range from just under $200,000 for a condo to just over $500,000 for an estate home of about 3,500 sf.
It's not just about the amenities that residents enjoy at Stoneybrook including:
- 24x7 staffed security and roaming patrol
- multiple community pools
- well landscaped common areas
- several miles of walkable streets along many lakes where wading birds, turtles, alligators, deer, rabbit and other creatures can regularly be seen
- large athletic field for soccer, softball, lacross and cross-training that can be lit at night
- lighted tennis courts, beach volleyball, basketball and inline skating rink
It's not just about the proximity to shopping and restaurants and schools all easily reached by walking, bicycling or driving. For example, Pinewoods elementary school has a dedicated private entrance for Stoneybrook residents. At the entrance to Stoneybrook is a CVS Pharmacy open til midnight and Duffy's, a family friendly sports themed restaurant.
It's not just about all these things.
The one biggest reason that Stoneybrook remains one of the most affordable places to call home are the homeowner association fees which are only about $110 per month. The community board that manages our budget has controlled the increase of these fees very well in the 13 years I have lived there. The value for your money is undeniable especially in comparison to the costs for similar amenities at neighboring communities. That's what its about!