How did homes sell in NW Austin Canyon Creek Subdivision in Second Quarter 2017?
Dorie Dillard is the “most frequently hired agent in the Canyon Creek Subdivision.”
Check out Canyon Creek area single family homes sold in the Second Quarter of 2017 compared to 2016. The numbers are in and homes sold did so with positive appreciation. 2017 Second Quarter shows a decrease in number of homes sales (by one) but an increase in sales price. Austin continues in its expansion mode by luring 50 residents a day in need of housing due to Austin’s emphasis on job creation. Austin topped the hit parade again by ranking #1 on the US News “Best 100 places to live” list in 2017.
The number of home sales in the Second Quarter decreased by 4% compared to Second Quarter of 2016. The average sold price increased 11%, and the average square footage of homes increased by 11%. However the average price/square foot increased by only 1%. Homes sold in 2017 were larger. The price/square foot usually trends down as square footage increases but this was not the case…good news!
Current inventory of Active homes are staying on the market longer because buyers are resisting the continued increase in prices as they feel the value is not there.
As of July 1, 1 2017 there are 16 active homes on the market in Canyon Creek with average days on market of 66 days. There are 7 pending homes on the market with average days on market of 24 days.
Second Quarter 2017 data about homes sales in Canyon Creek:
- Closed 4% fewer homes
- There are currently 7 Pending Homes for Sale
- Inventory is 2+months
- Average Sold price is up 11%
- Average Sold price per square foot is up 1%
- Days on market down 26%
- Average list to sell ratio - 100% - up 1% (taken from last list price)
- Now is the time to buy or sell
All sold information is derived from the Austin MLS system. If any Canyon Creek area homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved; then it won't be reflected in this report.
This 2017 Second Quarter Canyon Creek Market Report is provided for general information only and does NOT replace a comprehensive market analysis. This report is informational, to obtain specific advice and counsel on your home contact me to review your personal residence at 512-346-1799.
1. If you’re a buyer, apply with a lender for pre-approval and be ready to make an offer on a home that comes on market. Call, I can be of help!
2. If you’re a seller and want to gain advantage in selling your Canyon Creek home, contact me at 512-346-1799 or email at email@example.com. Let’s talk about the marketability of your home I’ll be happy to counsel you on cost saving ideas for staging your home for market. I offer professional guidance for residential home buyers and sellers.
A local expert with national connections…..
Past Market Reports: