Bathroom Chat Part II
While following Kathy Somer's blog on faux staging last week (that topic was beat to death, but here it is if you were living under a rock and missed it...) something came up over and over again that I'd like to challenge address.
- Stagers keep talking about tying their towels up with assorted doo-dads in order to keep anyone from using them or the bathroom period!
- Well I have some news for you: we go to the bathroom too, just like everyone else. Especially when we have a 4+ hour tour.
- Now, do you want us to rush through the house you just staged so lovingly or skip it alltogether in order to find a gas station bathroom?
- When you have guests do you send them down the street or make them use a port-a-potty in the backyard? I didn't think so.
- A Realtor with qualified buyers is probably going to be the most important guest you will ever have in your home, so treat them accordingly!
- They're going to use the bathroom anyway, and it doesn't matter if you tie your towels up with barbed wire ... they will find a corner to wipe their hands on!
- So may I suggest providing a basket filled with nice disposable hand towels! If you're lucky, they may just use one to wipe up the sink.
- Whatever you do, do not put plastic over the toilet or tape it down to keep people from using it unless it's non-functioning or there is another bathroom that has been made available. A note directing them to it would be a good idea so that they don't have to go on a wild goose chase.
In case you missed Part I, click here
Coming soon Bathroom Chat Part III...