While it's understandable that the first instinct is to pick a keyword that's representative of the property (e.g. using the street number and street name), for this particular application of text messaging marketing on sign riders and printed cards, the goal should be to make it as easy for users to enter your code as possible. In lead generation, every little barrier that you can remove, the more improvement your stats gain.
- Keep code short, preferable less than 10 characters. Shorter, the better. The default code generated by RealBird for your listings are 6 character long
- Decide whether you use numbers only or letters in the code. E.g. the standard keyboard on iPhones only shows numbers or letters only. Users have to switch back and forth otherwise. Extra work, more chances of an abandoned process.
- Same applies to switching between small and large caps. Use all smalls or all large letters. While the RealBird SMS applications are case insensitive, it ignores capitalization, home buyers may believe that they have to switch between small and large caps back and forth . Again, extra work, more chances of an abandoned process.
As a summary, keep text codes short and try to avoid the need for switching back and forth on the keyboard of the phone.
So what would be an ideal text code that you can also reuse with different properties on RealBird?
You guessed it right: home fits all these criteria :) Of course if you are marketing many different properties with text codes on RealBird, you have to get a bit more creative, but these guidelines should help.
As a reminder, we provide two different SMS text code marketing services for real estate:
- Do-it-yourself with RealBird's SMS add-on
- All-inclusive with Homes By SMS - another RealBird service. We even give you free sign riders and postcards as part of the service.
Please don't hesitate to inquire about the different capabilities of the two services.
-- The RealBird Team