Wow – only 31 days to a new year. Only 25 to Christmas. I think that means I should start thinking about doing some shopping!
It also means we all should be thinking about how we’ll ring out the old and ring in the new from a business standpoint.
What can we do now to assure a strong first quarter in 2018?
What can you do now to set yourself up for closings in January? How about new listings?
Is it still possible to start and finish another home purchase in 2017? (Sure, if you have a cash buyer or a really speedy lender.)
So what can you do right now?
To encourage a few new referrals:
- Make contact with everyone in your sphere of influence.
- Call your past clients – or take them a small gift.
- Invite a few “influencers” out for lunch.
To get current leads moving:
- Keep sending those follow-up letters or emails.
- Pick up the phone and check in with them.
- Go back through all the listings to see if you missed something that will interest one of your buyer leads.
- Send your listing leads my “Holiday Listing Letters” (or write and send some of your own.)
To ensure new listings for the new year:
- Start prospecting! Choose a geographic area or a niche and get busy mailing. You’ll find the letters you need right here.
- Add a seller's "bait piece" and capture box to your website.
- Follow up on every lead.
- Remember to send those “Just sold” letters or cards every time you close a transaction.
- If it’s something you do – go door-knocking or cold calling.
To get yourself ready for a new year:
- Clean up your database. Add anyone who is missing. Remove anyone who has passed on. (This really is important. People who keep receiving mail for their deceased spouse do get a bit out-of-sorts.)
- Update your agent bio – or get one written if you don’t have one.
- Check to see that your bio is up to date on all of your social media accounts.
- Check and upgrade the SEO on your website. Remember to think about voice searches.
- Add missing pages. (Do you need community pages or something specific to your niche?)
- Set your goals for 2018, then break them down into quarters and months. Be realistic.
- Create a marketing plan for 2018 – and break it down into quarters, months, and weeks.
- Spend a few minutes each day feeling grateful for what you have and what you’ve accomplished.
- Thank the people who have helped you along the way.
“You are where you are and what you are because of yourself, nothing else. Nature is neutral. Nature doesn't care. If you do what other successful people do, you will enjoy the same results and rewards that they do. And if you don't, you won't.”
“Sometimes the biggest gain in productive energy will come from cleaning the cobwebs, dealing with old business, and clearing the desks—cutting loose debris that's impeding forward motion.”
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net