|Prep Time: 20 minutes||Total Time: 1 hour|
|Cook Time: 40 minutes||Serves: 6-8|
- 2 c. wild rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- First, make chicken. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook for 6-8 minutes pre side, or until cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes, then cut each breast into bite sized pieces.
- In a large high sided skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, sweet potato and brussels sprouts. Season with thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, bring to a simmer, and cover for an additional 5 minutes.
- Mix in prepared rice, prepared chicken and cranberries. Transfer mixture to baking dish, top with sliced almonds, and bake 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve.