by Patricia Feager, 12/2/2017
Dedicated to Dick Greenberg & anyone else like Endre Barath, Jr., or Michael Jacobs who may need some smiles and some laughter today..
Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting.
It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding
time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.
--- Thomas S Monson
This beautiful tree is on display at the Shops of Legacy in Plano. With so much emphasis on shopping on-line, I wanted to share the things I would miss if I sat on my butt shopping on line and the things I'd miss if I wasn't part of the community.
- I would miss a big tree like this.
- I would miss the miles of smiling faces of people.
- I would miss the holiday spirit & imagination in the streets.
- I would miss the classic traditions, like music in the outdoor air.
- I would miss store decorations and lights.
- I would miss going inside a Toy Store.
- I would miss the Salvation Army bucket and the ringing of the bell.
- I would miss the Carolers singing outdoors.
- I would miss adults who dress up in holiday costumes!
- I would miss the Grinch!
- I would miss the faces of children whose parents make them stand next to adults in costumes!
- I would miss the Christmas helpers on street corners.
- I would miss taking dorky pictures with cell phone instead of a real camera.
- I would miss making eye contact with kids who walk on stilts.
Give me a break, I'm still a kid at heart and I don't want to be stuck behind a desk like I was back in grade school. I want to look, laugh, and love all the things about Christmas and most of all I want to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas!!! After all, 'tis the season to be Merry!