I have 18 coming for Christmas Eve and about 6 of them are young kids....they'll love these... sugar 'em up and send 'em home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spoken like a true grandmother/great grandmother.....
anyway, I love the way these look...little ones for the little ones....
Prep Time: 15 mins Total Time: 1 hr Cook Time: 18-20 mins Yields: 36
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) Unsalted butter
- vanilla frosting
- Red and green food coloring
- red and green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325°. In food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt, and butter until combined. Place dough in bowl and knead until it comes together.
- On waxed paper, roll dough into a ½”-thick square. Cut dough into 1/2-inch squares. Place dough onto large cookie sheet. Bake until cookies are light brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Divide vanilla frosting into 3 small bowls. Dye one bowl red with red food coloring and the other green. Sprinkles red and green sprinkles onto frosted cookies.