I enjoyed Kathy Streib's post on Friday, December 29th with her 10 Top Moments for the Year. What a great idea….I took time this morning to reflect over 2017 and came up with a list of my own “remarkable moments” which relate to my business and personal life. It’s been an exciting year therefore slipping by so quickly! There were so many moments but I’ve narrowed down to top 10 picks:
1.Geno and I went to Boston to watch son John run in the Boston Marathon! We were so proud of him and enjoyed time with John, our daughter-in-law and his team mates.
2. The fourth of July Geno and I met outside San Antonio at the JW Marriot Resort and Spa with son John and family for the July 4th week-end. A memorable time with many hugs, kisses, dancing, smiles and laughter!
3. In August Geno and I traveled to Rome staying at our favorite Hotel Waldorf Rome Cavalieri taking a trip down memory lane to many of our favorite haunts. Then we boarded Seabourn Cruise Lines to Barcelona and relived some favorite ports and explored some new ones. Gene had quite a bout with an inflamed sciatic nerve while we were gone but finally has it under control or at least manageable.
4. September I traveled with my daughter to Bucknell University to watch Hailey (my granddaughter) play volleyball in her senior year and cheered them on beating Army! She is a remarkable young lady and I so enjoyed seeing her in her element.
5. In October I was awarded, through my production in real estate, a trip to Las Vegas for the Coldwell Banker GenBlue convention which was enlightening and much appreciated.
6. Geno and I proudly watched our grandson walk down the football field in the Homecoming Court with his mom escorting him. His dad would be so proud.
7. In November I met my brother and sister-in-law in LA to help celebrate my sister’s 75th Birthday. She is in stage 4 of Parkinson’s and is an amazing lady!
8. Early December I went to see Rudolph with the little grand-kids and their parents, and Geno joined us for a fun dinner at iconic Chez Zee with the little ones wearing their red blinking noses and antlers! Lots of smiles, hugs and kisses and another memory to start of the holiday!
9. December brought winning a spot in the Austin Platinum Top 50. I was so proud to share the stage with my son John who also won! Also received an award from Austin Title for my helping them serve the community through the Central Texas Food Bank. I deeply enjoy each month participating!
10. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were special moments spent with the family at Riverbend Church for a Candlelight service and hosting Christmas for the family. Nothing is more meaningful then sharing laughter, good food, hugs, kisses and one on one time with each other. Gene survived the anesthesia during his elbow surgery early in December so the holidays were full steam ahead for him!
2017 was a very good year full of love, laughter, memory making events and achieving goals..my best to you all for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2018!