Kula Maui HI 96790 - Residential market report for year end, December 2017
This market report includes the area of Kula, Ulupalakua and Kanaio in Upcountry Maui
What Kula homes sold in 2017?
- 79 residential sales in the past 12 months priced from $405,000 to $4,700,000
- average sale price was $1,013,717 and median sale price was $849,000
- Days on Market ranged from 28 to 832
- 2 were bank owned and 2 were short sales
- 9 were CPR homes or residential condos priced between $585,000 and $1,100,000
- lot size varied from about 8,000 sf up to 52 acres
- over half were on 1 acre or less, and only 5 came with 10 acres or more
- 57 were one house on a lot, while 4 listings had an attached ohana
- 18 sales were house and cottage, priced between $630,000 and $1,950,000
- year built ranged from 1928 to 2017
- 19 sales were all cash for a total of just under $26,000,000
- lowest price: a leasehold 3BD/2BA home on 1 acre in Hawaiian Homelands
- median price: 2 acres with a 3BD/2BA home built in 1941 with bi-coastal views
- highest price: 52 acres with a small cottage, garage, workshop, well and infrastructure
- the chart below shows monthly sales numbers for 2016 and 2017
What homes are for sale in Kula Maui Hawaii?
- 33 active listings ranging in price from $625,000 to $4,195,000
- average asking price is $1,902,753 - median asking price is $1,795,000
- 18 listings are a single home, 1 comes with attached ohana, 14 are house and cottage
- DOM ranges from 9 to 834 days
- land size ranging from 1/4 acre to 24 acres
- search for Kula homes for sale in the Maui MLS
4074 Lower Kula Road is listed for $1,295,000 by Kokua Realty LLC
What homes are under contract right now in Kula?
- 14 listings are showing as pending, priced from $330,000 to $1,315,000
- size of lots goes from 1/4 acre to 4.4 acres, but most are 1 acre or less
- average price is $902,500 - median price is $903,500
- 10 listings are single home, 4 listings are house and cottage
- 3 homes are leasehold properties in Hawaiian Homelands with buyer restrictions
- DOM ranges from 15 days to 378 days
- none are bank owned or short sale, none are CPR listings
With a total of 47 active and pending listings, you can see we'll run out of Kula homes for sale if we don't get some more inventory soon. Now is a great time to be selling your Kula home... let's talk about getting your home on the market with Hawaii Life.
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That's what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635