AUTHOR PATRICIA FEAGER, REALTOR®
DFW FINE PROPERTIES
CONTINUATION OF 2018 - Out With the Old & In With the New
Quality Assurance boosts consumer confidence. Quality Control focuses on quality management and inspection. Staying alive, whether in business or in general means one must remain:
Below are helpful reminders to stay in business
- Is your license to do business current and when does it expire?
- Is your license to drive current and when does it expire?
- Are all registrations to do business or drive current or due to expire
Operating Expenses That May Need to be Renewed, Removed, or Replaced:
- Computer Software
- Contract Renewals
- Websites, Apps, GPS,
- Batteries for SUPRA or Tools of the Trade
If you are a licensed Agent and Change Brokerage is information current for the following:
- STATE ASSOCIATION
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION
- Social Media, i.e., ActiveRain
- Clients (past, present, future)
- People you do business with, i.e., Lenders, Title Companies, Investors
- Automatic Bank Withdrawals and Deposits
- Are your Air Bags working?
- Do you have good tires?
- Are seat-belts working?
- Car Seats for Children?
- Spare Tire?
- First-Aid Kit - are supplies replenished and good to use?
- Emergency Tools?
- Fluids Checked?
- GPS functional?
- Is your Vehicle Insurance Policy adequate or due to expire?
- Are your lights working?
- Is your battery good?
- Are all policies including Home Owner Insurance and Renter Insurance current?
- Is your Life, Health, and Disability Insurance current?
- Have you updated emergency contact numbers?
- Physician Records current?
- Are inventory records stored in Safety Deposit Box or available for immediate access?
- Are your smoke detectors operating according to State Regulations?
- Do you have spare batteries for garage door controls, remotes, alarms, back-up batteries?
- Do you have an escape plan in place in case of emergency?
- Have you checked Water Heater, Tank-less Water Heater, Furnace, A/C, Kitchen Appliances?
- Are doors and windows secure?
- Do you have or in need of Home Security?
- Do family and friends know how to reach you in case of an emergency?
- Are furnace filters clean?
- Is your Dryer Vent clean?
- Is your Fireplace safe?
FOOD & HEALTH
- Properly dispose of expired & spoiled food, drugs, vitamins, supplements, health & beauty products
- Properly dispose of hazardous materials
- Expiration dates on baby products
- Expiration dates on inhalers, nasal spray, condoms, over-the counter drugs, aspirins, pain relievers.
- Check expirations on beer, wine, frozen food, pantry items
- Know the difference between "Use by, Best if Used By, Best By, Best Before."
- Check expiration on pet products
- Check for expiration on hair and beauty products
- Read manufacturer recommendations
- Are hearing aids working properly
- Check expiration on shelf-life products, including dry spices!
- How old is your mattress and pillows - are they due to be replaced?
- Does your carpeting & rugs need to be cleaned or replaced?
Finally, help others have a safe and happy New Year. Keep a safe home. Read and share information for all those in need, such as the elderly, family members, friends, new drivers, including yourself. For more information go to www.fsis.usda.gov.
Happy New Year and please make it a safe one.