Facebook has made a very important announcement which should concern every marketer out there.
- If you are an agent who takes listings- you are a marketer.
- If you are a stager who networks with agents- you are a marketer.
- If you have any business where you use a Facebook business page, watch Facebook evolve over the next few months.
Facebook made a very important announcement that will impact your business if you use Facebook as a business tool and especially if you post your listings on your business page.
Facebook says the newsfeed is getting too crowded and the people in the facebook community say they are missing posts from family and friends because business pages are in their newsfeeds.
They are not going to get rid of FB biz page posts ( YET) going into the newsfeed BUT there are going to be some HUGE changes to HOW you will be able to get your post in the newsfeed.
And I have been warning about this for 2 years. I keep saying over and over again:
Do NOT automate your posts to your FB business pages.
We have been proving that using third party software INCLUDING clicking the click to share post feature on your ActiveRain blog- hurts your organice reach on Facebook.
If you are using third party software of any kind to post to your business pages, those posts are not going to be shown to your audience.
When you post to your Facebook page you need to be posting manually to your business pages. Facebook is turning into an ad platform for businesses and they want to seperate the business posts in newsfeed from the community's personal and family stuff.
Facebook marketing is shifting, the algorithm is shifting very quickly into a new set of rules to play by.
What are the rest of the changes?
It is all about the future of engagement.
Facebook says that almost ALL business pages will see a drop in reach.
How will you get to play?
Facebook will ONLY be putting posts that have a lot of engagement on them into the newsfeed.
This puts most realtors at a huge disadvantage since most of us post our listings and hope to get some organic reach especially before boosting them.
And check this out: the kind of engagement Facebook is referring to is not someone leaving you a comment on your post but instead, you leaving a comment for one of your friends who then comments back to you, so it is a back and forth converstation between and amongst commenters.
Those posts are considered worthy of being put into newsfeeds.
What are some of the things we can start doing now in order to keep playing in one of the best lead generation platforms on the planet?
- Live Streaming video - make sure you are giving the instruction to your live audience to like your video, share your video, comment on your video, tag friends on the video, etc.
- Using the free Facebook bots - set those up on your pages. You are allowed to serve up ads to those who have commented on a post on your business pages.
- Invest in future bots, customizable bots, and maybe even program your own bots for communicating in a very engaging way with your audience through Facebook messenger.
- Run very well thought out and purposeful Facebook lead ads, keep your audience on FB as long as you can and make sure you are building your CRM list with their email addressses.
- Get together with groups of your colleagues in your office, in the field, your clients, your customers, your friends.... tell them when you will be on your Facebook page and what time you will be posting, then start the conversation going and let them all know ahead of time what you are doing so they will help you and then you do the same for them. Kind of like the old days here in ActiveRain! You pat my back, I pat yours.
- Start Facebook community groups revolving around your niche market.
We can help you revamp your social media marketing on Facebook. There are specific tactics to use on each of the social media platforms. We can help you use the right tactics on each of the platforms.
We happen to have one of the leading social media managers on our team. She is a contributor to Buzz Feed, she works with the top news agencies and she is a very effective social media activist for one of her causes.
Our social media team understands how all the changes are taking place and what we all need to be doing right now to get ready for all of these changes.
Text me: 561-502-1577 to learn more about how we can help you.