There are 100 reasons why to hire a Realtor, but for now I will give you only 10 really good reasons. If you are thinking of buying and selling without one, please read this post and re-think that decision.
What can go wrong in a Real Estate Transaction
1. Title Company misses a tax lein
2. Termite Report reveals substantial damage.
3. Seller's didn't tell reveal that they are in the middle of a divorce.
4. Buyer did not tell the truth on loan application
5. A real estate attorney gets involved.
6. The appraiser is not local and misunderstands the market.
7. The buyer or seller goes on vacation in the middle of negotiations.
8. Lender requires a re-appraisal.
9. Seller owes more money on the mortgage then expected, proceeds not enough to cover it.
10. Seller delays the projected move out date.
There 90 more reason why you should hire a professional to deal with all of the many things that can go wrong in a real estate transaction.