The "Rain" appears to be back to normal again. But, if things get wonky again, here are some good tips for the Rain addicted members to do while waiting for the platform to come up again:
So you're trying to get your ActiveRain fix and the site's not cooperating? Login glitching, or just really slow, or the raincoat Chihuahua is FIERCE?
Look I love ActiveRain just as much as most members after all my years here, but I'm also a practical engineer. If I'm getting an obstacle here that I can't fix, well frankly my time to waste is pretty much nonexistent.
So what to do instead? We're real estate agents, so chances are there is NO shortage of things we COULD be doing!
1. Pet the dog or cat. You're stressing because you can't get your fix? Studies show that your pet can help calm you.
2. Get to work on YOUR own site. We don't own ActiveRain and MOST of us probably don't pay a dime, so for those of us on a free account...quit yer beefin' and get to work on something you can control: your own site.
3. Create ANOTHER custom IDX search page.
4. Do #3 again. And again. And again.....
5. Call/text a past client to chat. A little top of mind is rarely a bad thing.
6. Review your listings (especially if they're not selling). Is there a data glitch in the way? Time for a new picture? New marketing remarks? Time to have that pricing conversation ONE MORE TIME?
7. Go visit a new construction community or two or three. My personal experience is building a relationship with the builder might just save you a paycheck when one of your buyers walks in without warning you first. And buyers love new construction don't they? So it pays to know it.
8. Work on your next snail mail mailing if that's part of your marketing. If not, you might want to spend a few minutes checking out EDDM to see if it's a good fit for you.
9. Got Continuing Ed coming up? Knock out an hour or three of online training.
10. Go take some pictures. Blogs need pix, and having your own is great.
11. Run your numbers for your next market report. You know how often I get to talk about information I gained by writing my market reports? FREQUENTLY!
12. Run another search for that buyer prospect you just got. And maybe try a different approach instead of the standard approach in case a data glitch is "hiding" the perfect home.
13. Clean up your email Inbox. You just might find a prospect you forgot to follow up with and maybe it's not too late to save them.
14. You a door knocker? Knock.
15. Read your local newspaper/website. You might find out about a new subdivision you didn't know was coming.
16. Google yourself. What's coming up? Any surprises that need fixed?
17. Write a blog post in Word or whatever your method is so it's ready when AR is back to normal.
18. Check the Facebook referral sites for your location. Your location not up? See any locations for some of your ActiveRain friends? Give 'em the nod.
19. Go down the rabbit hole of a real estate themed Facebook page. It MIGHT be useful, or you might run away screaming.
20. You recruit other agents? Reach out to someone you think would be a great fit for your team or office.
21. Just go do something you enjoy. Doesn't have to be real estate related. A refreshed you is a better performing you.
22. Organize your office.
23. Call one of your ActiveRain friends (but remember the time zone differences!).
24. Try to change someone's political opinion (and THAT could keep you busy for the rest of your life).
25. Send Bob Stewart 25 emails asking "Is it fixed yet??!"
See....there is plenty of things you could be doing, and that wasn't even a complete list :)
Bill of Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Http://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map