I wrote the below post almost a year ago.
As we get ready for Super Bowl LII will it be true again? No, I am not a Patriots fan. No, I am not an Eagles fan. Sometimes I think dynasties such as the New England now enjoys take away from the game.
In 14 days will this be another repeated title (pun intended)?
Super Bowl LI was not an upset... unless you count all the people who were upset by another New England Patriots win!
There will be lots written about his game. There are takeaways that will be used by coaches forever!
So, what about those of us who are not involves in sports? There are still lessons.... such as:
- Keep going. So what if the circumstances (score) is against you. You are still in the game. Don't give up!
- Don't focus on the current circumstances. Rather, focus on the goal (line). Don't listen to the naysayers and negative Nellie's! There will be those on the sidelines telling you that it is all over. Your competitors may even be telling you its over. You know the Atlanta Falcons players were trash talking across the line and on every tackle!
- Do what got you there. Rely on the skills that have brought you success so far. Ultimately the Patriots counted heavily on the arm of Tom Brady!
- Sometimes it takes longer than you expected. Even in this game there was over time. Sure the odds were against the Patriots but that did not stop them from sticking with it until the end.
The points above were all demonstrated by the New England Patriots. Let's not forget the lesson that the Atlanta Falcons demonstrated as well.
- A good start does not mean success. While a good start is better than tripping out of the gate, that is not wining. In sales you are only as good as your last score.
There are so many lessons that can be learned from Super Bowl LI. What will be remembered most? New England won again!