Marketing Winners, Losers, and the Future:
Your February 2018 Challenge
We all know how essential marketing is for success in our business, whether its lead generation, or marketing ourselves, our services, or our listings. Some things we do work well and yield results we want and expect…hopefully most of them.
But sometimes our marketing efforts are a bust for some reason, with money and/or time spent with limited or no results. It’s a good learning experience, but a tough one, and maybe costly.
There are 3 parts to this marketing challenge, with 2000 points as your reward for sharing your experiences.
PART 1 - THE LOSER:
Share a print or online marketing strategy you implemented in the past that did not work for some reason. Maybe it was a small goof, or perhaps a big one! Tell us what you did, and what happened, or didn’t.
Why do you think it did not work? Why did you not have the success you hoped for? Tell us what you spent, and what you got in return, if anything. Was this a one-time effort or did you work it for a while? Got a visual we can learn from?
PART 2 - WINNERS:
Here you get to brag about an on-going marketing strategy that is, and has been, working well for you. Bet you have a lot of things in this category!
Provide some specifics about your success:
When was it implemented?
Describe what you are doing.
Who is your target audience?
What does it cost, if you don’t mind sharing?
What results are you getting?
It would be great to see a sample visual (so we can offer our congratulations and maybe mimic you!!), as well as hear other information to understand your success.
PART 3 - THE FUTURE:
In this part please share a marketing strategy that is new for you and being implemented in 2018, along with the relevant details (e.g., cost, target audience, specifics about what you are doing and where). It might be new and unique, or perhaps it’s back to the basics for you.
Or you can share your thoughts about a new marketing effort you are considering and why, with some details.
Maybe it’s a modification to something already in your arsenal that you believe will improve the your results.
Once again if you can share a visual that would be great. We’d love to see it and cheer you on.
Of course there are some guidelines to follow:
1. You must complete all 3 parts to get your 2000 bonus points. Participants will be shared with AR no later than March 2nd, and hopefully your points will be awarded within a week.
2. You must include at least 1 original visual. It can be a photo, a graph, a video or an infographic (if you can share a visual in each part, that’s even better for us to learn from).
3. Your post should be 400 - 500 words. I won't be counting, but to cover the topic well this shouldn't be a problem.
4. Post a working link to your masterpiece in the comments section of this post.
5. Your challenge begins immediately and you must complete your article and post your link by 11:59 ActiveRain time (Pacific Time) on February 28th.