Make Your Home Safe for Home Buyers to See
When selling a Clarksville TN home, it is important to prepare for showings and think a little deeper than just a pretty presentation. Though staging can handle much of the preparation, there are things to do to insure your safety and reduce the risk of any injury by potential buyers.
- When Selling Put All Valuables Securely Away- It isn't good enough to tuck into a drawer. Lock them away or take to a safety deposit box.
- Medicine and Prescriptions Should Be Not Be Left in the Home During Showings- Not only might a child get into these and harm themselves, some buyers yield to the temptation of hijacking prescription drugs to resell or take themselves. It is easy to slip a few pills into a pocket.
- Guns, Ammo, Knives and Fireworks- Enough saidabout these. You know these have to be locked away.
- Remove Names of Children from Walls, Photos and Identifying Plaques and Mail. For one thing, nobody needs to see these in the marketing photos and the buyers don't need to know that much about you or your family.
- Harmful Chemicals, Strong Cleaning Products or Any Other Dangerous Products Should Be Put Away and Be Off Limits. Remember that not all buyers monitor their children and you don't want them ingesting or getting into any of these that may harm them.
- Remove Loose Rugs or Tripping Hazards. It is easy to catch a heel or stumble and you do not need a lawsuit for injury.
- Clear the Pathway. Not only up the walkway but inside the house and garage, too.
- Rare and Valuable Decor Items Should Be Wrapped and Stored to Protect Them. These may be irreplaceable and you sure don't want to see something important to you get broken or damaged.
Why not take a little more prep time and stay on the safe side?
There have been reported cases across the country of prescriptions disappearing after a showing. Though it hasn't happened to me, it could.
Make Your Home Safe for Buyers to See.
Stay safe and don't borrow trouble. Make you home show better without these distractions and potential problem causers.
To get more information about selling or if you are a Clarksville TN home owner thinking about selling them I want to be your agent.
Give The Real Debbie Reynolds a call at 931-320-6730.