What to Know if selling your home in Today's Market!
In today's market sellers must be prepared with information to help market their home to the best potential.
Know where buyers are looking and make you home as marketable as possible. Most of all hire a good Realtor.
Realtors get also 14-16% higher price for a property than a seller can themselves. So its better to high a professional who navigates the market everyday.
Through advertising, loan procurement, inspections, arms length negotiations, qualifying buyers, staging, and general recommendations; agents pay for themselves.
Where else can you hire a professional to work for you for 6 months with no promise of a paycheck and pay for all your advertising up front.
Agents take a big risk, but a seller can help by hiring and listening to that agent.
Also check the an agents designations ( those letters behind their name).
An agent who keeps up with the market and with education is a agent that values his or her career.
Did you know that only 4% of agents in country have a CRS designation. If you find an agent with a CRS, you have found a top producer, and one with basically a masters in real estate.
A GRI is a college degree in real estate, and a ABR is their specialty, specializing in buyers needs.
Here is what buyers want:
• 98% of Internet buyers found the Internet to be the most useful source of information
• 74% of buyers drove by or viewed a home they found online
• 61% of buyers walked through a home first viewed online
• A buyer is nearly 5 times more likely to find the home they purchase on the Internet than in a
• A buyer is 24 times more likely to find the home they purchase on the Internet than in a home book
• Most important features when searching for homes online:
• 84% photos
• 81% detailed property information
• 60% virtual tours
• 43% interactive maps
• 37% neighborhood information
• 52% of all Internet buyers searched REALTOR.COM® , more than any other real estate related site.
For a free market snapshot of your home in Richmond and surrounding area go
Then call a realtor
Now for things to do to sell:
- Mow and water the lawn.
- Trim trees and plant flowers.
- Store all bikes, toys and equipment out of sight.
- Paint or touch-up the outside of the house.
- Put potted flowers in the front.
- Get rid of unnecessary furniture.
- Clean closets and clear off counter tops.
- Scrub all tile floors.
- Clean all carpets.
- Clean all windows and mirrors.
- Clean stains in all sinks and tubs.
- Fix leaky faucets.
- Replace missing door or cabinet handles.
- Fix or replace broken appliances.
- Replace broken tiles in bathroom or kitchen.
- Paint if necessary.
- Discuss major repairs with your Sales Associate.
- Stop smoking in the house.
- Bath pets and clean out litter boxes.
- Empty all trash, recycle bins, etc.
- Dry-clean drapes and shampoo carpets.
- Use baking soda boxes in smell-prone areas.
- Place flowers, potpourri or air fresheners around the house.
email@example.com or visit my web site at www.wandafears.com or call 804-9092777