Yesterday my family and I spent the day helping families who have been displaced by the tornado in Windsor Colorado. Now I am looking to my professional network to help answer many questions. If you can help I would love to hear from you.
- Are the homes that are fixed and not condemned hurt at resale?
- What if you disagree with the assessment of your home. Can a homeowner bring in an engineer and dispute the insurance adjusters opinion?
- Any idea on time frame for repairs? 102 homes are destroyed and the remainder are to be repaired?
- How does the disaster affect the market place for those homes already listed?
- How much say does a homeowner have on choosing the contractor?
- Does anyone know the standard proceedure for working with the insurance company?
I know this just the beginning of questions but these are the basic ones I was hit with yesterday as I cleaned up the area. Please feel free to share as much as you know. This is all new ground for us here in Windsor.
Keep us in your thought and prayers. Today is day four of the recovery!