OK, I am frustrated. I love writing posts, but not under pressure! I'm not like that. I write things as the pop in my head. I don't do well when you tell to me write about a certain subject. Last time someone did this, I almost missed the deadline and I wasn't happy with what I put out in that post.
Now, along comes Kathy McGraw (AGAIN) and says Todd, tag, your it! She then gives me this new super meme or something like that where I'm to answer 8 questions about myself. I feel like I'm under fire to get it done in a certain amount of time. I called her last night and told her, "I hate doing this, what are you trying to do to me? I don't work this way."
Now, these 8 questions are about me and what I like. I am wondering, can get them wrong? You see the presidential candidates get questions like these all the time and then get criticized for their answers. Am I being tested? I promise I'm not running for a political office. (At least not today.)
So what are these questions and how did I answer them? Well you are just going to have to read on to find out...
1. Who is your favorite musical artist? This is so hard for me...After 18 years as a DJ, I have many favorites and it always seems to depend on my mood. I have 12,000 + records and 5,000+ CDs and that is increasing daily. Whatever mood I'm into I can listen. But, I can tell you, until I was 14, I owned only Beatles and Elvis records! Then I was given a gift on my 14th birthday, the album of a group called Journey and it started me on a path to discover new artists and look where it got me today! But, if you put me on an island today, I would take my Victrola and a bunch of my really old records and sit back and enjoy.
2. Who is your favorite Artist? Wow, I really am not a big fan of art, but I do like the art work of one of my favorite childhood books. If you haven't read this book, and you cry easily, then I don't suggest you read it. But the art is from the book "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein.
3. Who is your favorite blogger? Would it be wrong to say TLW? I know I'm giving her an even bigger ego than the one she already has, but come on, she is funny and I'm always up for a good laugh!
4. If you could meet anyone (alive or dead), who would it be and what is the most interesting thing about them? I would have to say Elvis, just because of his importance to Rock and Roll. Yes, music has a lot of influence on my life.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up? When I get there I'll let you know! I'm still a twelve year old inside and there is nothing funnier than a good fart joke, but to be honest, an airline pilot!
6. What is the most interesting piece of trivia you know? Did you know that if you take a piece of string and wrap it around your thumb twice it is equal to once around your wrist? Then twice around the wrist is equal to once around your neck. I don't know why it works, it just does.
7. If you could live in any point in history what would it be and why? This is an easy one for me it would be the late 50's and early 60's when Rock and Roll was just becoming popular and a car was a work of art instead of a duplicate of something else on the road. I could see all the great artists that started Rock and Roll before it started to change in the late sixties and early seventies. (I love the 70's and 80's, but there was just
something special about early Rock and Roll.)
8. What is the most interesting job you have ever held? A gum salesman! Yep, when I was 14, I started my first business. I sold gum at school. I bought Bubble Yum Bubble gum for .25 for a pack of 5, and then sold them for .25 a piece making a dollar profit off every pack. I made between $30 and $60 everyday until the school said I couldn't sell at school anymore. But, those two months were some great months for me and taught me that capitalism was the greatest system on Earth!
I hope that was enough, Kathy, and to let you know, this took me a lot more time than it should have! I hope I didn't put down any wrong answers. I feel like I'm being graded by you!
I'm going to have to get back to you on who I'm going to torture next as I haven't thought about it at all!
Todd Clark - broker
Kastings & Associates