Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Today I had another successful closing. Yahoo! My buyers bought new construction and I'm so happy for them to be able to move into their new home. The closing was painless but there are always some things I want my buyers to know about home ownership and I usually cover it at closing.
1. Rents are paid in advance but mortgages are paid in arrears. That means that it feels like you skip a payment because if you close mid June, your first payment will not be due until August 1.
2. In Texas we have homestead exemptions. They may be filed the January after you have lived in your home and will reduce your property taxes by about 12 percent. I always send the forms to my buyers in January but you may find one on the county appraisal Web site. It's easy to fill out and mail in. Don't pay anyone to do it for you.
3. If your neighborhood has community mailboxes, take your settlement statement to the post office and they will assign a box to you and rekey it so no previous owner will have access.
4. If you are buying a resale, be sure to have all the locks rekeyed. Who knows who may have a copy of the key. There are many companies who can do this for you and a nominal cost.
5. For new construction, the tax appraisal in the first year is probably based on unapproved property so expect the taxes to go up the following year when they are appraised to include the home. Plan for it by saving every month so you won't be caught short the following year.
Robin Scott Broker. Certified Residential Specialist. If you have any further questions you may contact me at 512-589-7988 or email@example.com
I want to be your REALTOR. If you are thinking of selling a house, give me a call. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the seller's disclosure or other matters involving selling a home. 512. 589.7988.
If you are interested in finding out more about Austin, living in Austin, real estate or buying or selling a home in Austin, I want to be your REALTOR. And I appreciate your referrals as well. Call or email to find out how I can help you. 512.589.7988 or robin @robinscottrealtor.com
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.