Breathing Easy: What Home Buyers and Sellers Should Know About Radon
This video below is provided by from the EPA web site and satisfies a long-standing need for a short visual educational tool on how to best include radon in residential real estate transactions. With a bit of light humor, the video covers the basics, including radon science, the lung cancer risk, home inspection, building a new home radon-resistant, testing and fixing a home, disclosure, state radon offices, hotline and web resources, and key radon numbers, e.g., EPA's action level and the U.S. indoor and outdoor averages.
The primary audiences are home buyers and sellers, and real estate sales agents and brokers. Home inspectors, mortgage lenders, other real estate practitioners, and radon services providers will also find the video helpful. Single copies of the video are in VHS, CD, and DVD formats [ask for (EPA 402-V-02-003) (TRT 13.10)].
EPA, with cooperation from its radon partners, has developed a number of tools and resources for use by the real estate community:
- Revised Home Buyer's and Seller's Guide
- Breathing Easy: What Home Buyers and Sellers Should Know About Radon
- Federal Housing Commissioner takes action on radon
- Financing Residential Radon Mitigation Costs: the HUD 203(k) Mortgage Insurance Program
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Radon Mitigation System Inspection Checklist
- How to Find a Qualified Radon Service Professional in Your Area
The above information is provided as a courtesy from the EPA web site, full details can be viewed at http://www.epa.gov/radon/realestate.html