Mililani Town was voted the All America City in 1986 and it is the only community in Hawaii to ever receive this distinction.
My parents bought their new home in Mililani in 1971 and I was just starting high school. To this day my mom still lives in the same house and my son and daughter grew up in that same house too. From Kindergarten to High School the Mililani Community and Schools served us well. My children just came back home within the past two years and help my mom (who just turned 80 in January of this year) out.
With 7...yes SEVEN Recreation Centers there is fun for all ages! (Recreation Center #7 just opened on the Mililani Mauka side of Miliani) Starting from Tiny Tots (18 mos. to 3 years) there is circle time, arts and crafts. Then there is Tai Chi, Karate, Yoga, Self Defense and even learning the Hula (Hawaiian Dance) for all ages. There is Movie Night and Teen Night and all sorts of fun so get in on the socializing with the community!
With a variety of programs around the Mililani Community the latest addition is the NEW Mililani Town Association Senior Citizens Club Program! Held Monday through Fridays everyone will be meeting at the Recreation Center #2 for an hour and the following classes will rotate each day:
- Sit & Fit: Slow, simple and easy exercises! Using chairs for standing and sitting support, the use of hand held weights and elastic tubing with handles, these simple excercises will surely keep you active and fit!
- Walking Group: Let's go for an outdoor walk around the Mililani Town Community!
- Water Walking: A really great way to exercise, this class uses water as resistance with aqua bells, noodles and joggers. Cool off while keeping fit as a fiddle!
- Hula-robics: Fun with the Art of Hula (Hawaiian Dance) while doing the basic moves of the Hula.
- Activity Day: A variety of activities such as crafts, bingo days, excursions, guest speakers, dances, coffee hours,
potlucks and much more.
Call the MTA Admin Office at 623-7300 to be put on the class list. When there is enough interest you will be notified by the Recreation Manager and classes will begin!
Days: Monday thru Friday
Times: 10 am to 11 am
Place: Recreation Center 2
Fee: $35 with valid MTA ID card
$40 with valid MTA sponsor
Mililani Community, Honolulu County, Oahu, Hawaii.
© 2008 Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman's Hawaii Real Estate and Relocation Blog. All rights reserved