Also known as "Lee County Off-Leash Dog Area." It is located north of Bonita Beach Road where it curves north and becomes Hickory Blvd. It is physically located just north of the New Pass bridge and just before Carl Johnson boat ramp and Lover's Key state park.. It's only a few miles south of Fort Myers Beach.
Open dawn to dusk, this is more or less an Island sandbar. The size of the beach varies with the tide and water level. Pet owners are on the honor system to control their pets and also pick up after them. Download or print the rules and brochure for Bonita Springs Dog Beach HERE. To become a supporter of dog beach and maintain it's future use visit SOODA = Save Our Off Leash Dog Area
- Available onsite are: Parking, plastic bags and disposal stations.
- It was officially sanctioned in May 2002 by Lee county as a permanent off-leash park.
- It is maintained by a group of local volunteers calling themselves SOODA (Save Our Off-Leash Dog Area.)
- Lee County will be erecting a sign in the parking area of this beach to remind people that "Dog Beach is a privilege, not a right."
- The park is accessible by both boat and automobile.
- Bonita Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Lee County Parks
- Bonita Springs Beaches
- Collier County Barefoot Beach
Map Courtesy of SOODA - Click Map for SOODA Information.