Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
* We continue to see a sharp drop in year over year sales for the second quarter but continued strength in both average and median home prices. Why? We did not have the irrational behavior in home buyer / speculators / investors as seen in such markets as Las Vegas, Phoenix and Florida. Their irrational behavior, thinking prices would increase forever, drove up demand in a radical fashion thus prices. We did not have this level of insanity in Las Cruces thus stable and strong pricing structure.
* Current year trend is positive for sellers. We have seen an increase of 15% and 20% in units and total sales volume respectively in the second quarter compared to the first quarter. Average price increased 4% over the first quarter thus driving up overall sales volume.
* Average days on the market trend was tempered in second quarter.
* The wild card in our national housing economy is the fate of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac who hold over $5 trillion in home loans. They are both "to big to fail" meaning the government will intervene to rescue them if needed. However, the psychological damage to the home buying consumer would be deep. Still too early to tell as of this post (July 11th). Indications are showing the national recovery in housing will go later into 2009 and maybe early 2010. Again, "national" perspective.
* Locally, we will soon (meaning very soon) be blessed with a tremendous increase in military personnel at White Sands Military Base. Las Cruces will see approximately 500 new soldiers by end of 2008. There will be additional soldiers coming as follows: 861 - 2009, 861 - 2010, 861 - 2011 and 869 for 2012. The total projected increase by the start of 2013 is 4,856. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE ADDITIONAL CONTRACTORS TO SERVICE THE BASE OR COMMUNITY SPIN-OFF (re: teachers, nurses, etc......).
* Not all the soldiers and their families will live on base. If fact the vast majority will live in the Las Cruces community. The ARMY projects that there will be over 600 "home buyers" from this influx over the next 4 years. Again, not including all the spin-off. All of this is great news for our local economy and will continue to shield and buffer Las Cruces from the national plight.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.