I read on Cyndee Haydon's blog that she wasn't sure how to add links to her blogs. I realized that when I was new in the Rain I didn't know either! I'm sure there's someone out there who has posted about this already but here it is again in case you missed it. The following is actually my reply to Cyndee. I just copied it over here.
Here's how to do the links.
- type your text. For instance "Rich's blog about such and such"
- Highlight the word you would like to link to. In this case "blog"
- Open a second explorer window. (you can do this first too lol)
- In the second window go to the page you're trying to link to. In this case, Rich's particular blog.
- Highlight the address at the top of your second window. (http://whatever)
- Right click on it. Copy.
- Back at your first window where you've highlighted the text click on the little chain link icon (unbroken one) at the top of the box where you're posting/commenting(works the same for comments)
- a window pops up
- In the "Link URL" delete the http:// that comes up, right click and paste the address you copied.
- In the Title type a short description if you want (by the way, these descriptions will be important when you start to focus on google ranking and how it relates to your Localism. That's ANOTHER lesson though lol)
- click "insert" and voila!! Your first link.
It sounds complicated but it isn't. Basically highlighting the text and attaching the link to it.
Cyndee didn't mention pictures but here's how they work:
- when you're at a spot on your post or comment where you want to add a picture click on the little tree icon above.
- a window pops up. Notice there are two tabs above. General and Appearance.
- Next to "Image URL" there is a blank space and a menu icon to the right of that. Click on that little icon.
Another window pops up! Click on Browse.
- Go to the drive on your computer where the image is stored. Find the image and double-click on it.
- Click on Upload Photo.
- Now you will be able to see your image in the General tab, in the Preview section below. The size you see is pretty much the size it will appear on your blog. If it needs resizing read on!
- Insert an image description and a title. These will be important down the road but they're actually not necessary just to get the picture inserted.
- Click on the Appearance tab. The only 2 things I use on here are the top 2: Alignment and Dimensions. if anyone out there has seen a thorough post explaining the others, please post a link below.
Alignment has a drop down menu offering different options. Play around with them and see what results you get. I mostly use Left and Right. They place my picture on the Right or Left of my blog =)
Dimensions are determined by the two numbers in the boxes. As long as Constrain proportions is checked, you only need to change one of the numbers to resize your image. A larger number makes it bigger and a smaller number makes it smaller =) That one's easy, no?
- Click Insert and you've now inserted your first picture. Ta da!
Although it looks like a lot of steps I was just providing a lot of detail. They're both quite easy. You'll get to the point where you can do these in your sleep almost!
Pictures and links do add useful and visual punch to a blog. Enjoy!
Maggie Dokic, REALTOR, CDPE, SFR is a licensed real estate broker in the state of Florida selling residential real estate in Miami, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, Coral Gables, Gables by the Sea, High Pines, the Redland and other select areas of SW Miami-Dade County.
Maggie has earned her SFR certification to be able to better serve the needs of her customers in today's non-traditional real estate market. SFR is a Short Sale, Foreclosure Resource Specialist. Designees have been trained to understand the highly specialized options available to Sellers facing short sales & foreclosures and Buyers looking to buy them.
For more information on our local real estate market, or to see or sell a home in Miami, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, Coral Gables or the Redland, visit my Miami Real Estate blog or contact me at Maggie (at) TheBlogThatAteMiami (dot) com.
The opinions expressed herein, are those of the author, and not necessarily of Keller Williams Realty.
None of this information is to be deemed legal or financial advice. Please contact your attorney or accountant for same.