If your house looks great on the outside, then people will want to come see the inside!
- Buy "Chunky House numbers" that are visible when people drive by. ($5-$7 a letter)
- Buy a nice mailbox... ($30-$70)
- Paint your door & Shutters a contrasting color...here in New Orleans you can go kind of wild. ($25)
- Remember if you have a neutral colored house you can go bright on the doors and shutters...If you have a vibrant colored house it's best to go with black or white shutters to tone the house down)
- Add Shutters to the front Windows. (If you are handy, you can make your own shutters for the tall Windows with solid wood bi-fold door panels) ($60-70 a set)
- Add Window Boxes to your windows ($50-$75 a window)
- New Plants/Landscaping ($100-$300)...make sure it's low maintenance and you can even buy an automatic DIY watering kit & a timer at Lowe's (in the plumbing dept- NOT gardening)...for $60!!!
- If you can make it work with your homes decor...buy a Porch Swing ($100) or Rocking Chairs for the front Porch...
A White Picket Fence will make people drool too......."You know...the one with the white picket fence..."...how picturesque is that...
A SMALL INVESTMENT to set your house apart from the competition...BUYERS will see the outside and want to see the inside!