Kitchens have always been a selling point for home buyers and are likely to make or break a deal. Buyers want to see an updated kitchen that they can envision themselves preparing meals like gourmet chefs. It is important to note that kitchen upgrades will bring you the biggest return for your money. Here's a few to get you started:
• First and Foremost, Make sure your kitchen is immaculate. The kitchen is the last place a home buyer wants to see a dead bug in the light fixture or grimy grout on the tile.
• Update your cabinets! Paint or Stain your cabinets to give them a new look and add some updated hardware!
• Update the counters! Remember buyers want to envision themselves cooking on those cabinets. So if they are outdated or stained then your best bet is to replace them. Although Stone (think granite) is definitely in, there are many other options.
• Update those appliances! Dishwasher from the 80s? Black refrigerator, white oven? Updating your appliances definitely gives your kitchen an advantage over others. But make sure they all match. 4 different colors of white isn't going to appeal to buyers. If you don't want to spend the money on laminate HGTV's Designed to Sell expert LaPorta suggests wrapping the appliances with laminate sheeting.
• Update light fixtures! They can bring a whole new ‘light' to the room!
• Update that faucet! Believe it or not, faucets are one of the first things that catches a persons eye. Luckily, it's very easy to find a sleek, new faucet for very little money.
Can I say Update enough?
Overall make sure your kitchen is updated & your design plan is consistent!
HGTV Kitchen Design
DIY: Kitchen Design and Remodeling