10. $7500 tax credit for first time home buyers. First time home buyers who meet the
qualifying guidelines may receive a tax credit for 10% of the purchase price up to $7500.
9. The Fort Collins, Colorado market is poised for a quick rebound. Fort Collins was named
the #2 city to live in by Money Magazine in 2008. Affordability, job growth and year round
outdoor recreation makes this a great place to invest in real estate.
8. Interest rates are still near historic lows. As of 8/12/08, rates in Colorado range from 5.68%
to 7.71% depending on the type and terms of the loan.
7. There is a large inventory of homes to choose from. Lots of styles, sizes and locations in
Fort Collins means you can choose where you want to be and the type of home whether a patio
home, condo, single family home or raw land where you can build the home of your dreams.
6. Government incentives to purchase homes now. There are tax credits available, more money
being given to back Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae loans, and lots of first time home buyers
5. Pride of ownership. Your monthly payments go towards something that's yours and any
improvements you make will increase your homes value and build equity for the future.
4. New home builders are offering unprecedented incentives. Free upgrades like flooring,
appliances, cabinets, and closing costs assistance form the builder means you can get into that
brand new home.
3. Local rents have increased so buy investment property now. Rents in the Fort Collins area
have recently started to rise; you can own a home for the same payment you make now in rent
or buy property and rent it out yourself as an investment.
2. Bank owned properties offer a once in a lifetime opportunity. These properties are offered
at prices that are often under market value. Most need work before moving in, but offer buyers
a chance to buy property they may not otherwise be able to afford.
1. Your working with a Top Realtor....when you choose someone like me who has experience
in the Fort Collins area and puts your needs and goals first!
I've been helping buyers and sellers in and around the Fort Collins area for 13 years and am also a resident. Make you sure you choose a Realtor with the experience and knowledge to help get you into the home you want or help you get the price you want for your current home when you're ready to buy or sell. It makes all the difference!
Scott J Lee