As summer fades into fall, sellers should re-evaluate the showing condition of their home. To retain maximum interest, listed properties should keep up with the seasonal changes and make the transition as well.
Home Staging Tips for Autumn:
- Curb Appeal (lawn): Don't let the cooling weather deter you from maintaining your yard. Keep the grass trimmed and well watered into late fall to retain a healthy-looking lawn. Remember to gather fallen leaves and move them to a compositing center.
- Curb Appeal (garden): After your flowers and vegetable gardens have been spent, trim the plants down to minimize the withered appearance. If there are voids in your once-thriving landscaped areas, try adding fall perenials such as mums. These additions will bring a touch of color while ushering buyers into your home.
- Holiday Decor: Keep your Halloween and Thanksgiving decor to a tasteful minimum. Neutral decorations such as pumpkins gourds, indian corn, and wicker baskets will allow you to add a festive atmosphere to your home without distracting buyers.
- Seasonal Scents: Do not use overpowering sprays or room fragrances when selling your home; these types of artificial odors can be irritating to buyers. However, natural scents such as freshly baked spice cookies and simmering apple cider are very pleasing and can conjure up fond memories of family and home.
- Exterior Photos: After the fall flowers have been planted and your trees have turned a crimson red, be sure to update the exterior photo for your home. Contact your listing agent or send an email to keep your online listing looking fresh.
While selling your home, it is important to remain proactive and keep your home in top showing condition. Although relatively minor, these changes can make a big impact on how your house appears to buyers!
KFM Staging & Design is a Minnesota home staging company that has been creating "First Impressions That Sell" for homeowners and Realtors across Minneapolis, St. Paul, and western Wisconsin. KFM Specializes in staging consultations and vacant stagings. For more home staging tips or to schedule a personalized consultation for your home, visit our website: www.kfmstaging.com