Whether you're relocating to Anne Arundel County for a second career, or trading in your current home for an "active adult" lifestyle, you have many nearby options.
You'll find that Anne Arundel County Rolls out the Red Carpet for Active Adults, and there is no shortage of options. To help narrow down the list and focus on the communities that are right for you, I suggest these five steps:
1. Select a location or area to focus your search. What do you want to be near? Work... friends or family... shopping?
2. Make a list of your "wants" - the features and amenities you would have in your next home and community if price were no object. For example, how many bedrooms and baths? Fireplace? Garage? Community facilities and activities?
3. Separate your "needs" from your "wants" by identifying the features and amenities you can't live without. Focus on "needs" first! Ask yourself, could you live without a third bedroom or fireplace? How important is a community fitness center and pool?
4. Determine your price range based on cash investment up front, monthly mortgage payment, and community fees. Do you plan to sell your home or cash in some investments? What's included in the community fee(s)?
5. What will you do about your current home? Sell it, keep it as an investment to rent out, live in it part time (if you're a "snowbird," for example).
Since I recently listed a beautiful 3-bedroom penthouse condo in the active adult community of Cedar Ridge at Piney Orchard, you can look forward to a future blog with all the details about it. In the meantime, here's a 30-second video about the community: