Landscaping can add to the value of your home. Here are some ideas to implement:
• *Do use plants that are native to the San Antonio area. They will survive best.
• Do get a professional landscape plan. Implement your design one phase at a time.
• Do add a covered patio. It will provide shade and shelter from the rain.
• Do get an irrigation system. Put this in before your landscaping.
• Do install landscape lighting. Lighting showcases your garden at night and improves safety and
• Don't spread your budget over too many projects. Invest your time and money in doing each well.
• Don't invest in luxury items, like built-in outdoor fireplaces and TVs, that you won't use very often.
• Don't spend too much on an outdoor kitchen if you can only use it for one season.
• Don't forget to fertilize your lawn in the fall.
• Don't plant too much. Plant in just a few areas and leave room for lawn and patio areas.
*Ornamental Grasses are becoming extremely popular in San Antonio for low maintenance landscapes as a way to add beauty and color without a lot of hard work in the garden. Another great way to implement ornamental grasses is for Fall landscapes.