2008 FALL HARVEST BOOK SALE
It's that time of year again. The big book sale within the Overlook Golf Course Activity center. The Activity center also known as the community campus or "Roller Rink" is situated close to the driving range. This year like all others is sure to be a doozy. Voiunteers can show up Sunday around 8 and take part in settting up tables and such. We have done several of these over the years and can tell you some great deals can be had. They literally have thousands of books( 150,000), records, DVD'S, VHS tapes, books on tape, sheet music and Cd's. Trust me when i tell you that you don't want to miss this. Prices are literally a steal. A huge assortment of Children's books are always located in the right of the center and sure to be a hit again this year. To the Far left of the center are rare and specially marked books and sets. There's some real gems to be found here. If you're a book lover then this is a must for you.
If you are volunteering please keep in mind that Book dealers are not allowed. Volunteers will also be needed to break down tables on wednesday at 6 p.m. You do not have to register to volunteer for setup or breakdown. Just show up!
They also need volunteers at the selling tables.
Parking is free and the event includes a snack bar for people's convenience. If you're interested in volunteering for this event simply call (717)295-1950. All Book Sales will benefit the Lancaster Public LIbrary. Overlook Activities Center is located on 2042 LItitz Pike in Lancaster. Hardcovers are 1$. Children's books and paperbacks are often priced at 25c to 50c. There is something for everyone of all ages.
Schedule for this event looks like this:
- Monday, September 22, 9 A.M - 9 P.M
- Tuesday, September 23, 9 A.M - 9 P.M
- ** Wednesday, September 24, 9 A.M - 6 P.M (HALF PRICE DAY)You can also take part in other book sales as part of the Friends of the Lancaster County Library club. One such event is at the Phillip's Church.Phillip's Church Christmas Bazaar in Millersville
- Saturday, December 6th, 9 A.M - 3 P.MFuture events at the Overlook Activities center are as follows:
- Monday, April 27th, 7 A.M - 9 P.M
- Tuesday, April 28th, 9 A.M - 9 P.M
- ** Wednesday, April 29th, 9 A.M - 6 P.M (HALF PRICE DAY**On the last day of each event one can walk away with a bag of books for less than 3 dollars. This usually happens in the last couple hours of the event. This year this is set to happen between 3 p.m and 6 p.m. An additional 75 percent discount is added on specially priced items.People can donate their used books the 1st Saturday of each month at the Book Resort on 225 N. Marshall Street in Lancaster from 10 A.M to 1 P.M. You can also donate books Monday and Wednesday from 10 A.M to 12 P.M and Sundays from 2 P.M TO 4 P.M.Last year's show closed with a record breaking 3 day sale bringing in 73,834$. That was 20,000$ more than the year before. We can safely assume that more books will be available this year for consumption.
Based in Lancaster, PA. Selling Worldwide! - Contact Us Toll Free: (866)980-8700
Let us help you buy or sell your homes for sale in Lancaster County, PA
YOUR PREFERRED LIFESTYLE ADVISORS
Content & All photography is VkDesigns LLC - Castellum Realty LLC. 2005-2009