Double Petite Filet Mignon (about two inches thick) with sauteed onions and mushrooms for the main course with lightly grilled quarter cut potatoes on the side. My wonderful mom treated the whole family to dinner for my 51st Birthday. (I got around to writing this over a week late :)
Okay, so 51 years old wasn't as exciting as the half a century mark last year but the dinner at Assagio's Ristorante Italiano in Mililani Town Hawaii was superb!
It's always an entertaining session when we go out with mom, my son and daughter. Hmmm...seems the kids always manage to get a meal off one of us LOL!
Assagio's Restaurant at the Town Center in Mililani has an interesting history:
- In 1979 Chinese Thomas Ky's family chose him as the person to go to America after struggling on the outskirts of Saigon.
- On a crammed boat of 200 people he traveled to Malaysia and then spent nine months in a camp.
- He was sent to a foster home in Statton Island, NY went to school and worked hard six days a week and fourteen hours a day to send money home to his family.
- He came to Hawaii in 1984 (six months before he was to graduate from high school) to live with a relative because he thought he would be more successful being closer to Asian traditions.
- Starting literally from scratch he became a successful owner of SEVEN Restaurants here on Oahu.
Assagio's in Mililani opened in 1994 and our family has enjoyed many a meal here. From Italian pasta dishes to linguini chicken anchovy olio to filet mignon Assagio's is fine dining at it's best. If your preference is a nice Ceasar salad it is prepared table side.
If you are ever in Mililani Town and want a relaxing atmosphere with quality food Assagio's Ristorante Italiano is definitely a mouth watering event!
Phone for reservations: (808) 625-5115
© 2008 Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman's Hawaii Real Estate and Relocation Blog. All rights reserved.