Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Did you know that real estate video companies occupy different market segments and actually involved in helping you in different ways?
We've sat down and segmented the real estate video market below. While not definitive, it does provide a beginning framework so you can better understand the types of services that different companies provide and understand the general real estate video space a bit better:
- Video Content Producers: These are the people that actually film, edit, and/or produce real estate video. Content producers can be companies or people that work independently on a full or part time basis. Their services can involve manual or automated conversion to online formats. Content producers can be video professionals or producers of virtual tour/slideshow content that is later converted to video format. Content producers are increasingly involved with simple manual distribution to free video portals or aggregators but their standard services may also end with the production of the video content itself leaving the customer responsible for conversion to an online format and/or online marketing of the content.
- Video Portals: Video portals exist for mass consumption of video. The intent of the video portal is to drive traffic to a given site and keep those visitors there. They almost always have an automated infrastructure to convert and widgetize videos. Widgets from these services are normally branded for the service itself to drive visitors back to the content site or the user's channel. Portals generally provide no direct assistance in the marketing of video content beyond the capability to organize content into user channels, embed portal branded widgets in other sites, highlight certain videos on the portal, or provide some SEO benefits for video content directly hosted on the portal.
- Real Estate Video Content Aggregators: Content aggregators are similar to portals in that they exist to drive traffic to their own site that consists of groupings of real estate video content. Like portals, content aggregators often manage content using a channel model and have an online conversion capability. We should note that our best informed guess is that at least one aggregators in the real estate space might be actually converting videos manually based on published complaints indicating waits of up to three days for video conversions. One difference from portals is that content aggregators tend to focus far more on providing information, community, and tools for content producers rather than the general consumer. Content aggregators may also provide a more personalized value added syndication for highlighted content using email, blog posts, press releases, etc. Aggregators generally have little or no responsibility/control over the production values, schedule, or work of the contributing content producers. In some cases, this can lead to a great variance in quality from video to video.
- Real Estate Video Agencies: Agencies represent groups of content producers on a regional or national level. Agencies may subcontract none, part, or all of their content production. Like portals and aggregators, the agency may have an internal capability to convert and manage video content or may leverage outside portals/platforms. The key difference between agencies and aggregators is that agencies generally have a common production value regardless of location and customer support for content production, hosting, and distribution is usually centralized. Agencies generally provide a wealth of value-added real estate video services and packages.
- Real Estate Video Syndicators: Syndicators are generally focused on providing lightly branded and white label video platform and distribution services to organizations and web developers. These services are most often focused on providing tools that help companies enhace their own capability to manage, brand, and distribute their multimedia content. Syndicators may also consult or train on the best methods for organizations to develop a real estate video strategy.
Hopefully, this article helps you think about and understand the real estate video space a bit better. We'll likely update this article at some point in the future based on feedback that we receive about the space.
The blog and thinkpad of a real estate video professional. Topics include property tours, software development, advice about technology, consulting, and discussion of conceptual topics. All videos produced by vidlisting.com are produced with professional narration in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.