So all is going well when I call my Title gal to check on a few transactions. I am told that she no longer works there and that Susie has taken over her files. They are quick to reassure me that Susie will do a fabulous job and that I will like her.
Susie did not do a fabulous job and neither me nor my clients liked her. So begins the process of searching for a new Title and Escrow service. Something that every Real Estate Sales person will have to do at sometime or other.
Here is the list of questions I use to qualify my Title company and Escrow officer as they pertain to mine and my clients needs. The very first Item of importance to me before the questions begin is the face to face meeting. I want to know that the person I intend to work with will fit my personality and reflect well on my business. Espeically when I insist or recommend my Portland Oregon Title Company and Escrow Officer for the Sale.
- How long have you been an escrow officer?
- Do you have an assistant? Are they familiar with the files?
- What are your hours of operation? If needed can and will you stay late?
- If needed can you meet a client for a signing away from your office?
- Do you have multi-lingual capabilities
- What methods and frequency do you use to communicate the status of your files and to whom ?
- What recording times are scheduled for your company?
- How do you handle escrow collection accounts?
- Will you insure an all inclusive deed of trust?
- Do you have a notary available?
- Do you have any special handling requirements for POA's?
- What are your rates?
- What are your escrow fees including wire transfers,document page recording charges, delivery etc. etc.
- What are your Builders / Rehabber rates?
- Do you have a Builders services division?
- Does your company offer continuing education classes for Realtors?
- What other services to Realtors do you offer?
- What is the method and turn around time for property profiles?
- Do you have an after hours service for title information?
- What was your worst nightmare file and how did you solve it?
- What do you expect from me?
This list of items is normally my first blush list. I am sure you have others as well. What are they? Are you a Title or Escrow officer? What additional items would you include or suggest?
Herb Hamilton is a Real Estate Broker working with RE/MAX Preferred Inc. Realtors servicing Portland Oregon
" A Real Estate Experience with Herb is one YOU will Profit from "
www.portlandrealproperty.com A Portland Oregon Web Site providing local as well as national information and property searches.
www.househuntportland.com A Web Site for the Home Buyer. Providing detailed search parameters 24/7 sent to you via email daily or hourly if you wish. Information includes Photo's, Full Listing Descriptions and Addresses all presented on a Street map . Let your next home find You !
www.portlandflips.com An Investors Web Site. You have a Busy schedule. Let Portland Flips do the work for you. Receive detailed property information within minutes of it hitting the market!