It's a beautiful Fall Weekend in Central Connecticut with the Fall Foliage reaching toward peak color. What's to do this weekend? Here's a list of some of the local activities:
- The Hartford Marathon--- Hartford, CT
- Salisbury Fall Festival, October 10-12, Salisbury and Lakeville, CT
- Portland Fair, October 10-12, Portland Exchange Fair Grounds, Portland, CT
- Riverton Fair, October 10-12, Village of Riverton, Rte 20, Barkhamsted, CT
- Open Barn Tour at McCulloch Farms, October 11-13, 100 Whippoorwill Rd, Old Lyme, CT
- Granby Artists Association Open Studio Tour, October 11-12, Granby, CT
- Scotland CT Highland Games, October 12, Edward Waldo Homestead, Waldo Rd, Scotland, CT
- Lyman Orchards Corn Maze, August 30 - October 26 November 2, Part of the Proceeds goes to the American Cancer Society, 860-349-6051, for more information
- Tenth Annual Renaissance Faire, September 27 - October 19, Weekends and Columbus Day, Hebron, CT
The Janet Jackson concert at Mohegan Sun Casino has been cancelled. However, there are many other events this weekend throughout Connecticut-- something for everyone, young and old.
Some of the best activities include meandering throughout the local Trails by bicycle or on foot, relaxing in the beauty of the local landscape.
If you would like a copy of the Visitor's Guide 2008 for the Greater Hartford and Connecticut River Valley area, just contact me anytime-- 860-313-4057 x 764, or email@example.com. It has information about local attractions, sports, accommodations, dining, and transportation, including maps.
Have a wonderful weekend!