I was out with my young son a few days ago and had an encounter with the supporters of a political candidate... and I wasn't happy. Not happy at all...
There are a few ground rules that you need to follow as you promote your candidate:
- Don't approach children without the parent's permission!
- Don't offer items to children without the parent's permission!
- Don't give your talking points to a child without the parent's permission!
- Don't argue with a 4 year old when he nails you on your candidates character!
- When the parent tells you that your candidate is not their choice, don't call them a racist.
- When the parent tells you that he doesn't appreciate you trying to indoctrinate their child, don't call them ignorant.
- When you don't actually know the positions of your favored candidate, you might want to stay home from working the crowds.
- Don't say loudly to your "co-supporters" that the guy over there is just an other "ignorant rasict because he won't support your candidate.
- Just because your candidate tells you to get in the face of your neighbors and argue with them doesn't mean that you can do that without consequences.
So, here is the drill... An Obama supporter approached my child and asked him if he wanted a T-shirt... all they had were kid's sizes, so this was obviously their goal. I told her that I didn't appreciate her approaching MY child without talking to me first. She actually ignored me to tell my son to tell me to vote for Obama...
Now, had it not been for my son, I might have been able to walk away. But, the little guy had a statement...
"My Mommy always tells me that I need to pick my friends carefully... I might be a bad boy if my friends are bad boys."
She had the nerve to argue with a 4 year old about that... I took over.
- William Ayers... and don't give me the line about him being 8 years old. He wasn't 8 when he launched his political career in Ayers' living room... and Ayers was still unrepentent about his role in killing Americans.
- Frank Marshall Davis... Frank the Poet in Obama's book... a communist at the very least. And since Obama says in his books that he attended a lot of socialist and communist events, that isn't a shocker.
- Rashid Khalidi... reputed to be a spokesperson for the PLO... back when they weren't a "peaceful grou", but when they were actively commiting acts of terrorism.
- Tony Rezko... Convicted felon now, and Obama supporter... served on his finance committee back when Obama was in the IL State Senate. Obama claims that they barely knew each other, but they knew each other well enough that he raised money directly for Obama.
- ACORN... We get a new version of history each time someone uncovers something that Obama can't deny.
It went downhill from there. After hitting her with those names, I told her flat out that those people made him unbelievable, and that his plans to raise taxes as we enter a recession were downright dangerous. And after seeing Obama and Biden change the level of rich from $250k to $200k to $150k, I didn't trust that he wasn't going to tax more people which would damage a wounded economy even further. Class warfare isn't the way to bring prosperity.
Just so you know, telling her that I don't care about the color of his skin, but only about the effectiveness of his policies, the quality of his character and the level of his honesty makes me an ignorant racist.
After hearing the good things that people have said about the Obama campaign workers and the way that they have handled themselves, I must say I was disappointed. Of course, after seeing how Joe the Plumber was attacked and how the TV anchor in Orlando was attacked and the station cut off because Biden didn't like the questions, I'm not that shocked.