At Crye-Leike's National Conference in Destin, Florida I presented a session called "Internet Marketing: From your web site, social networking, ecards & beyond...". I annouced that I would share a 4 week plan to put some of these ideas into action. (If you are reading this on active rain, you've most likely done a lot of this stuff already...) but I am sharing here anyway.
How much will this plan cost? It's a plan that's almost free... the only expense associated with this plan is the cost for your own web site (for Crye-Leike associates that is $10/month). Everything else is free.
So here goes.... Week 1...
1. Review Your Web Site. If you don't have a web site, order one.
- Are your phone numbers and email correct?
- Is your picture up-to-date?
- Does your about me information reflect your services and expertise?
2. Check Lead Routing. Visit your web site. Find one of your listings (or a contact form) and send yourself a request. Did you get the email?
3. Research & Determine the Keywords You Want to Target.
- Select the top 5 keywords that you want to compete in. Review keyword phrases such as "Your Name Your Company Name" or "Your Name Realtor" or "Brentwood TN Realtor" or "Destin Vacation Condos".
- Google's keyword tool measures popularity & gives ideas:
- Tip - When picking your keywords, choose plural or extended phrases. For example instead of just choosing "Denver Homes" if you choose "Denver Homes for Sale", you are now relevant in two searches with just one phrase.
- Write down your keywords. (Again easiest to start with a focused list.)
Keywords in anchor text give you the most bang for your buck in search engines. In the coming weeks when you link to your web site - use the keywords in the link. For example: Joe Smith's keyword is "Midtown Memphis Condos". A link to his web site could be displayed as "JoeSmithRealEstate.com" or as "Midtown Memphis Condos". The underlined words - the ones you click - are called Anchor Text.
That's it for week 1. If you've done all this... you're already a step ahead. See you next week for week 2 tips....